Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Esteban's Healing

I love when God changes my mind. I used to think that I could do this Christian walk on my own, and I carried an attitude of 'I don't need anybody, God is all I need!'.  I think part of where this attitude came from was because of my lack of trust in people. But God has slowly been changing my heart and my way of thinking, because although I still think that it may be possible, I don't believe that that's how God wants us to live, doing it on our own. I've started to see more and more in the past few years how important it is to be surrounded by the Body of believers.

God's word encourages us to meet together, and pray together. "For where two or three gather in my name, there I am with them" Matt 18:20.  

God wants us to worship and fellowship together, to encourage and teach one another."And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching." Heb 10:24,25.

 And, God wants us to help each other when in need. One of the greatest ways God works in our lives is through other people. And there is never nothing we can do to help when a brother or sister is in need; We can Always pray, in fact prayer should always be an automatic response when we see someone in need....I have seen God work many miracles through the power of prayer. But, sometimes there are situations where God calls us to do more than pray...

"Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?" (James 2:15, 16) 

We're praising God for Esteban's healing. It was through the prayers of many, lifted up to heaven, and, those who were able to do more to help, stepping out in faith and taking action, that God worked out Esteban's healing. The trip to Trujillo our small team took for the second blood donation was a success!  There was enough blood donated for Esteban to be able to have the surgery to remove the tumor. He is now cancer free and on the mend!! Thank You Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment