Tuesday, February 19, 2013

To know God is to know peace of mind

It is when you stop trying to figure things out and just let God figure things out that God can tell you what he's figuring out for you.

These past two weeks have been about the best weeks of my life that I can remember. Tomorrow I will be driving our team to Trujillo airport and they will be on their way back home to Canada. So much has happened over the time that they were here I can't even begin to describe. I didn't know most of the team on a personal level before they came and has been such a huge blessing just to get to know them on personal level and to see how much they love God. It's funny how much you find you have in common with people once you get close with them. One of the guys is staying for an extra week so I am looking forward to spending more one on one time and showing him what life is like here on a regular basis. The kids here just love the Canadians coming down and spending time with them. It's such a blessing for the kids to see what a man of God looks like, they all come from broken family's where the have men abused the authority that a man has in a family. It's amazing the healing God does in the hearts of the children through people giving up just a few weeks of their time to come down and love on the kids.
Me and Maggie were talking about the blessing the team brought. And it became clear to us that the most important thing they did here was not install lights in the compound and put new doors on. Sure we needed those things and I don't know how it would have gotten done without them. But the most impotent thing they did was build relationship with the kids and us as well. The comment is always made of how much the kids get blessed and how much blessing you take back home. But what might get overlooked is how much the people running this place get blessed from teams coming here. Sure it's a lot of work and you get physically very tired but your spirit just gets lifted up to the heavens. We've only been here four months and we feel that blessing, I can't imagine what it must be like for someone who's been here for years and years.

God has big plans. And God has shown me that there are many good good people out there that are part of that plan. This team from Canada got started from One individual who felt God calling him down here for a couple weeks. And in his obedience in stepping out, God called a few more to come with him. One act of obedience from one individual turned into a blessing of a life time, don't ever think that "it wouldn't make a difference anyway". God will decide what difference it will make and when you give your life over to him, he will take you where you couldn't have dreamed that you could go.

I know I'm all over the place but I just felt like sharing my thoughts. God is starting to show me things he has in store for my family, and he's starting to show me how he will take care of us. There is confirmation in his calling, he will never leave you hanging wondering if it really was his calling. When you just wait for his next sign, he will show you that you are in the right place.

God bless you richly, may you find his rest, may you find solitude in his presence. I love you dearly as a sibling in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment