Saturday, October 25, 2014

Loving people living Jesus

Its a good day to be alive! until Jesus returns in the clouds, shining bright as the sun, with the angels sounding their trumpets, their will be a war in the realm of the spirits, every day we battle against principalities of  this dark age. (Rom 12:9)  Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. This verse wraps it up good doesn't it, there are days when I can hardly stand to be in this wicked world, I hate the evil that is in it with all my heart, the beauty that God has created is being abused by people who in their arrogance chose to live in sin.
It is no wonder then that the angels in heaven dance when we profess with our mouth that Jesus is Lord of Lords. (Rom 10:9).
I had the great privilege today to pray with a 86 year old great grandma and watch as she professed Jesus to be her Lord and saviour. When I asked if she believed in God, "yes" she replied with enthusiasm, "do you believe Jesus is Gods son and He came to earth to die on the cross to pay for your sin" "yes I do" "have you ever asked him to live with you in your heart" she fell silent. "Would you like to" "Yes" After praying and professing Jesus as Her Lord, repenting and asking to be washed in the blood, we also prayed for her back pain to be removed. The day before I was called over to pray for her, I went and when I saw her she was lying on a sofa half passed out, she was breathing heavy and could hardly move, after praying for some time there seemed to be little difference. We decided that we needed to take the next step, I went home and did not eat, their whole family also started fasting in the morning and did not eat until 2 o'clock when I again came to pray. This time by the time I left she was laughing, moving her hips and raising her hands giving glory to God. What a feeling! On my way home I noted a woman sitting on the ground resting up against a wall, at first I walked by but the spirit would not leave me be until I turned around to go and pray for her. When I walked up and asked if I could talk to her for a bit, she asked. "what ever for!!" With almost a chuckle I explained how the spirit had lead me to go and pray for her, "o well of course you can pray for me" assuming she was not from around here I asked "where are you from" "just a few houses down the block" I actually only thought about it later (I'm not very smart that way) but she happened to be sitting maybe 50 yards from her house right where I would be walking filled with the fire of the Spirit! pretty sure God put her there on purpose. I prayed for her and no sooner did I say amen when they called her back to her house.
I say I love God, I need to start showing more frequently through taking the time to love people. I'd like to challenge you with the same. In what way has the spirit been convicting you to show your love for God.
God Bless you in the name of his Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment