Sunday, April 12, 2015

Two Sisters to a New Home

A little while ago one of the girls wanted to tell me something, and by the light in her eyes and huge smile on her face, I could tell it was something good.  She could barely sit still long enough to quickly type the words into Google translate. I skimmed over the roughly translated words.. something about paperwork and waiting.. then my heart leaped with excitement when I saw these words "Someone wants to adopt me!"

That is a paragraph from a post I wrote over a year ago titled Adoption.  A lot has happened since then.. it's been a long process of paperwork and waiting, and more paperwork, and more waiting, but I'm sure the young lady who wrote "Someone wants to adopt me!", and the family who was that 'someone', would agree that all the work and waiting was more than worth it.  In just under a year, Irma and her Sister Ruth packed their bags and tearfully, but cheerfully said goodbye to Casa de Paz as they went home with their new family to their new home in the States.  

Adoption is bittersweet. There are no words to describe just how amazing it is to get to see first hand the relationships made and new families being formed. We praise God for His goodness!

Irma and Ruth all smiles with their new Mom and brother

Psa 140:12  I know that the LORD secures justice for the poor and upholds the cause of the needy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment