Tuesday, March 5, 2013

An Elders Wisdom

Praise The Lord. God has put me in a state of complete joy and contentment. What more can I ask for. There is nothing I enjoy more than working along side someone who has a few years on me. I am a servant by default, so to have someone around with wisdom that comes with age to look up to and serve is a real blessing. I'm not trying to make these guys look old :) First had John, Jim and Craig here for two weeks and Pete for three weeks. And now I have Avis's awesome brothers Fred and George and their Friend Tony here. Its been an ongoing paradise for me. And I have Tony Giesen here for 5 months out of a year. If I'm half the man that the guys are that God put in my life then I'll be happy. 

There are many things I hope to teach the kids here at Casa de Paz, one of the most important things is to respect people, especially your elders. I see too many children growing up in this age that have very little respect for either for their parents or their elders. And I think the way you see your elders is the way you see God. If you can't respect earthly guardianship then how will you respect heavenly guardianship. Most of the kids here have had very little good elder influence in there life, so its hard for them to know how to respect someone who has authority over them but also has tremendous love for them. Don't get me wrong the kids are very loving and very well behaved, but they simply are lacking the Father-child relationship. I would very much appreciate prayer for me to have the understanding and wisdom I need to be a witness and to teach these kids to become honorable respectful young people in the eyes of The Lord. 

Tomorrow is the start of a new school year so all the kids are getting ready for an early start tomorrow for a fresh start to a new year. I'm looking forward to seeing how they all do on their grades. We have an 11 year old that will be starting in kindergarten this year. She has never gone to school before because of her past life. Please pray for her to feel important and for her to catch up for what she missed. 
Bless you dearly, I love you in the name of Jesus amen.

P.S. I will be doing a blog on the projects me and Fred have been working on hopefully in the next day or two.

1 comment:

  1. bless your work there Jake.....the Lord certainly has been honoring your trust in Him.

    Waiting for the plans on the new housing project for your family.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete