Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Millers

I like to talk about my blessings. Not to brag about what I've done, but to brag about what God has done for me and how much fun it is to serve God. People talk about things that are important, and I'd like to talk about what's important to me.
I have had the pleasure of hanging out with the man that built this place, I mean literally laid the bricks of the walls. Mr. Fred Miller. And of course his brother Mr. George Miller. Avis Goodhart is the official founder of Go-Ye Ministries and Casa de Paz, but I don't think it could have been done without her brothers.  In this time in age with families breaking up through silly arguments, the Millers are a true example of how brothers and sisters should stick together. Growing up they went through some pretty rough times of poverty and constantly moving from place to place (Avis is writing a book about her story and I can't wait to read it. I've read the rough draft of the first three chapters and it is goooood!!) but those rough times is what brought them together and in the end they came out with a bond that could not be broken. The part that gets me is that me and my family get to enjoy the fruits of their hard labor. There is a church, a school and an orphanage all up and running well. And we get to come in and without having gone through the rough times of starting it and enjoy the ministry.
 Fred is normally not much of a talker but once you get to know him, he's the funniest guy I've ever met. So much fun to work with, and he's a teacher. He has patience to let someone else do the work and he just observe and guides, but he's not set in his ways, he is very easy to listen to another opinion. There isn't enough recognition for people like Avis, Fred, and George. They poured everything they had into God's ministry. Not just time but also endless amount of money came straight out of their own pocket. Now lots of people have given time and financing but I have never seen anyone being so humble about it. I have heard Avis and Fred make the statement "Once I've given it to God it doesn't belong to me anymore" this might seem easy for the ten bucks you drop in the offering plate but when you build huge buildings that Cost you thousands and thousands of dollars, sweat and back aches, it's a little harder to look at it and say "Well that doesn't belong to me anymore, it's God's now". And God brought my family into their lives. Now that is a blessing, a blessing that I pray I will never ever take for granted.
I see great things coming for the future of Casa de Paz, God is stirring things up the way only God can and I'm excited about it. My only downfall is I have very little patience and God's plan often involves lots of patience, but that's why he gave me my wife :) she has enough patience for both of us, another blessing in my life. Man it's a lot of fun serving God, I love it. I hope you love it too. Bless you dearly

No comments:

Post a Comment