Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A New Year

I realize that we haven't been doing the greatest job keeping this blog up to date. It has been crazy busy around here lately, but I know that's no excuse because it has always been busy.  I also realize that making new years resolutions is usually just a way of setting yourself up for failure (at least in my own experience) So I won't make any promises but we do want to try harder to keep the blog updated this year.  

It is a brand new year and I can't wait to put in writing all the things that 2014 has to bring! It is going to be a great year! I just know it. There is so much to look forward to - The Canadian team in February, new volunteers, A new start for the school, Avis' book.. So many amazing things that God is doing.  But this time something is different for me when I think about what the year has in store.  Out of all the great things I can think of could happen this year, there is one thought that keeps popping up in my mind, one more exciting than all the rest... I can't stop wondering - What if this is the year our precious Saviour will return..?  I would be overjoyed if 2014 was the last year of all time, and if not, I will be overjoyed anyway, because I know that whether this year or not for another 50 years, His return is near. And until then I will wait in excited expectation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment