Monday, January 13, 2014

Seems I never realize how tired I am until I finally sit down at the end of the day.  It's usually a good kind of tired though, where I am content because I know that something has been accomplished today, even if it was just keeping up with the house and the kids.  Somehow I thought that life would slow down and settle down again now that christmas is over, but nope. The business of life just keeps on, when one thing's done the next one starts! Tuesday night women's group, Saturday bible study, Spanish lessons, Sunday singing practice, weekly staff meetings... and all the other in between. Awhile ago I thought that God had a special ministry planned for me here, I felt that what I was doing here wasn't enough and that there must be more, and up until just recently I've been waiting for him to reveal it to me.  But when our precious baby Tahlia came along it changed that for me. At least for now.  I am lucky now if I can keep up with cooking meals, house work and getting to spend time with our 3 + 30 kids all in a day! I'm not complaining at all though. most moms will agree that it is one of the hardest, but also BEST job in the world :) I'm thankful for early mornings and late nights (when the kids are asleep) of quiet moments. Moments to spend in prayer and devotions, reading, writing or just talking over the day with my man.

Overall, though it has been busy, it has been a good start to the new year for us.  We have two young volunteers here with us from Canada, and they couldn't have come at a better time. School is out until March, and the kids need to be kept busy and out of trouble, so we are thankful for Larissa and Dawn being here to help with that.  They brought lots of fun games and activities with them, and the kids are loving having them here.  For me and Jake today was a day of running about town to different offices signing papers. So while we were out doing paperwork Larissa and Dawn were here with the kids, it was great coming home today to see them playing soccer :) I'm sure that the month and a half they are here is going to go all too quickly for everyone, but it will not be forgotten and it will have (and already has) made a difference in these kids lives. We sure are grateful for people who take time out of their lives to come love on the kids at Casa de Paz.

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. - James 1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment