Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Moringa

Did you ever watch the Big Bang Theory (TV show) where Sheldon says ¡BAZINGA! Whenever he pulled a joke on someone, well whenever someone is acting dumb, don't you just feeling saying ¡¡MORINGA!! Lol. Well that's not what moringa is, actually quite the opposite.

Ecclesiastes 2:11 NIV
[11] Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.

Probably the wisest man that ever lived said this, I believe the last sentence in this verse holds the answer. "Nothing was gained under the sun" but how about if we never worked for anything under the sun, how about what ever we did, we did it for the glory of God, to gain a reward ABOVE the sun. Colossians 3:17 NIV
[17] And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Revelation 22:12 NIV
[12] “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.
I could go on quoting verses but the point is, if we do things for this world, even if it's done with good intentions we will at some point become discouraged and it will seem meaningless, but when we work for the kingdom of God and for his glory without expecting to gain or even accomplish anything, then we can become open to receive from God all he has to offer us, peace, love, understanding and wisdom. And no matter how things look from our point of view and from what the world sees, we can feel accomplished because we have worked for Christ and in so doing we have become closer to him. 

Some time ago, actually quite a while ago pastor Jeff from Selah Fire, my home church in Canada, sent some seeds along with a couple that came here for a visit. And at the time I wasn't too excited about it, I never was one to fall for too good sounding schemes, and because we didn't have any running fresh water I left them sitting in a drawer. But once the town was finished with the new water lines and we had fresh water I planted some, and I have to say I have not been disappointed. They seem to thrive in our sandy soil and scorching hot sun, with very minimal water.

After about 6 weeks of being
planted outside.
 There is all kinds of information on them if you google them.
They are packed full of nutrition, they can be trimmed to use as a shrub bush or let them grow into a nice shade tree. In my first experiment I figured out that they love to be in the open and free, so just last week I put another six outside so we will see how they look in another month from now. Trimming the bottom leaves off encourages growth so we have already enjoyed some leaves in our salad.
 If you haven't caught on, the name of the tree is ¡¡MORINGA!! We had one that got eaten down to a little stub by some sort animal, figuring that it was dead I stopped watering it for probably well over a week, maybe two.
Some more in the ground
about 10 weeks outside
 after taking the bottom
leaves off
The dead one
 One day while walking by it caught my eye, and I noticed a couple little leaves poking out of the "dead" stub. And it's been doing fairly well, I think it will make it. I think maybe instead of making up my mind that it will fail, I need to just do it, plant them and water them and leave the result to God :) if he wishes to give us a miracle tree then who am I to say no. Bless you in the name of Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment